0

Blue Butterfly

Posted by Susan on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 in , ,

Up until now I hadn't used any of the designer paper sets from Stampin' Up. This is my first card using almost all Stampin' Up products, and I think it turned out pretty well. It's also the first card I got to use my new Slice from Memory Makers on! I'm very excited because the Slice ROCKS!

So, the Stampin' Up cardstock is old olive and bashful blue, to match the designer paper Maine Blueberry from last years catalog. I used the Flight of the Butterfly stamp (bashful blue and not quite navy) and my brand new Butterfly punch which I loooove! I popped the butterfly up a bit with a dimensional sticker.

For the ribbon divider I used a scrap piece of certainly celery ribbon, and a thin strip of pale blue stock ribbon from Michaels. I thought it was a neat effect.

I did cheat a little and used a Studio G "Thank You" stamp, but the dots went so well with the paper and the butterfly I couldn't resist.

I think the recipient liked it because they called to thank me for the thank you card and how great they thought it was - so that was kind of nice! Hope you like it too!

Paper: SU Cardstock (Bashful Blue), SU Maine Blueberry Designer Paper
Stamps: SU Flight of the Butterfly, Studio G Thank you
Inks: SU Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy and Old Olive
Other Supplies: Memory Makers Slice, SU certainly celery ribbon, Michaels stock ribbon in baby blue, SU Butterfly punch

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates