0

Ho Ho Ho

Posted by Susan on Thursday, December 01, 2011 in , ,
It's December 1st, decorating day - so the Christmas decoration boxes emerged and the transformation began. I had an idea for some Christmas decor items this year that I wanted to try my hand at, and here is the result:


Here is a closer look at how the panels stand up and spell out "Ho Ho Ho". I really love how this turned out, and it looks great on my hall accent table.

And finally, a super close up. I really put my Slice Machine to work on this project. The large square panels that are the back most piece is a label cut from the Slice. First I cut a piece of Kraft Cardstock and then mounted a piece of patterned paper, cut in the exact same shape on top. It made the back more stable.

I then cut another size of the same label shape and glittered it's edge.  Then, cutting a single strip of patterned paper, scored at every 1/4 inch, I made the florettes. And again, I returned to my Slice Machine for the letters, which I then ran through an embossing folder and sanded slightly for a bit of a vintage Christmas look.

Click on any of these images for a close up view!  This project was a ton of fun, and you could modify it so much, by using different Christmas terms (like Noel, Snow, Joy, etc.) and of course with different patterned papers! 

Love this idea - and there are definitely more variations of this on the way as the decorating continues.


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates