0

Birthday Blooms

Posted by Susan on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 in , ,
I made two birthday cards for my Mom this year, one from our household, and one as a "commission" from my Dad!

Here's the card she received from our household. The lattice work was an idea I got from a punch I saw, and since then it seems to be quite a popular technique, as I've seen it on a few cards since then in different ways. The flowers are from a K&Company embellishment collection, but I love the lavender colour.


For Dad I made something a little more dramatic. For this card, I used the Martha Stewart punch around the page punch on white cardstock, overlaid on black glitter cardstock from the DCWV Immortal Love stack. Then I used the Persian Motifs spellbinder die on the same black glitter cardstock for a pretty round doily effect.  I made a few flowers out of the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die, and finished up with some pearl accents and polka dot ribbon. I took a risk with the dramatic colours, but I think it turned out okay.


Happy Birthday Mom!

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates