5

12 Tags of 2013 - February

Posted by Susan on Monday, February 04, 2013 in , ,
The February tag for the Tim Holtz "12 tags of 2013" was posted on Friday, so I spent the weekend figuring out my own version.

Here's a link to the original version from Tim Holtz »

And now, here is my version (click on it for a larger view)...





The idea started when I found a Queen of Hearts playing card image online with an Asian flare. I then used an awesome red and black Asian tissue paper for the background and built the rest up. It's a simple tag, not a whole lot to it. I used rub and buff in antique gold for the first time on the black strip that I embossed the word "LOVE" on, and I really like how that rub and buff works both to highlight the embossing but also distress the strip a bit. Very cool effect!

I then sprayed a white paper rose I got in the $1.50 bin at Michaels with some Dylusions red spray ink (love that stuff).

Hope you like it.

5 Comments


I absolutely love your oriental take on the tag. Great job!


I agree with BLockHEad up there--the Asian flair rocks!! And I never thought to use Rub and Buff on embossed images so thanks for the tip!!


OMG! The card you used on the tag is to die for, I wish I had found it. Would you mind sharing the link?


Love the oriental look for the tag. Very beautiful and unique.


This is wicked cool!

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates