0

More tags for Christmas

Posted by Susan on Friday, February 15, 2013 in ,
Still working on tags and playing with techniques. Here are a few more (just click on the images for a larger version):

  I saw one of Tim Holtz Christmas tags from a previous year that had a Santa image in the background with a red and green mixed colours, and I wanted to try a version of it. The colours of the spray inks didn't blend as nicely as I would have liked on this tag, but it still has a vintage look.

I then added some tinsel twine and a charm that came from a set of wine glass markers.



I liked the way this tag worked out, especially with the non traditional Christmas colours. I used the Stampin Up stocking punch on this one and then inset it into the tag. I popped up the surrounding green snowflake patterned paper up so the stocking looks like it's inset into the tag.

I think I'll make a few more of this one in various patterned papers.


This tag started out heading in one direction that I didn't like part way through so I came up with a new plan. Originally this was supposed to have some musical instruments stamps popped up on it.

The background started out with music/sheet music paper that I adhered to the tag and then covered with Tattered Angels glimmer mist in turquoise and coffee shop. However, when it was finished the background and the musical instrument stamps just didn't seem to "match".

So then I began hunting for what to put on the background instead, and found this copper coloured metal Christmas tree ornament. It's a little heavy for my tree, so I decided to adhere it to my tag, and I think the colours match really well.


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates