0

Bitten

Posted by Susan on Monday, July 07, 2014 in , ,
I had an idea I wanted to try. I wanted to create a velvet flocked black damask pattern on a red background. At first I tried applying Mod Podge through my damask stencil - that created a blotchy mess so.....pull out the baby wipe and remove all that. Then I tried acrylic paint and a palette knife. Again, a blotchy, undefined mess. Try number three was acrylic paint and a sponge, dabbing the paint that was lightly applied to the sponge through the stencil worked better. Again, I lost some definition to the pattern, but it was still usable and I kind of liked the "un-perfectness" of it!

Click to enlarge

So, black acrylic dabbed on, velvet flock added quickly while the paint was still wet, not worrying if the whole design took the flock, since I had now decided to go in a distressed direction.

Once that was done I just started adding elements - rub ons, stamps, pictures, chipboard elements from the DCWV Immortal Love collection, jewelry bits.

In the end I like the result, although it doesn't photograph as well as I would like because of the vibrant red background. Here are some page close-ups.


Click to enlarge each the above.


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates