4

Winter Queen

Posted by Susan on Monday, January 19, 2015 in , ,
So my second Sketchabilities challenge was based on this sketch:


I'm going to admit that I'm struggling a bit with the "Sketchabilities" style. There seems to be a lot of white space/area on the page that I'm not used to - probably doesn't help that a predominantly white layout was part of the challenge :D. I'm starting to think that maybe I should use the sketch as a guide but use my own style instead of trying to adopt the one shown in the sketch. I'm a big paper collection user so my preferences tend to lean more towards brighter, busier layouts. I'm not giving up....just trying to figure out the best approach.

Anyway, here's my take on Sketch 131. Comments are welcome, or please feel free to follow my blog.


The picture I printed from Pinterest, and I thought it was beautiful, and perfect for this "white+1" layout challenge. But I have a love-hate relationship with this layout. I like the left side...I think....but I think there's a design disconnect between it and the bottom right corner. I went wrong when the glitter ritz I used on the bottom layer was darker than I thought and the color blue didn't match up. And again, I'm new to this whole "spray splatter" idea. While I love the concept and a lot of people produce some beautiful work, I have yet to master the technique to my satisfaction.

Thanks for checking out my work!

Supplies:

Cardstock - Bazzil and DCWV
Patterned Paper - Bo Bunny Powder Mountain and Hot off the Press Color Me Music
Martha Stewart Doilies
Metal Dies - Die-namics
Darice Embossing Folder
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Sapphire
Glitter Ritz - Canadian Blue
Molding Paste
Stencils, Mosaics and Ribbon - Unknown
Dollar store extra embellishments

4 Comments


wow special! thanks for playing along with sketchabilities!


Stunning!!! Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities and WW1


Stunning layout, great take on the challenge:) TFS


So very pretty! Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates